Szerző: Ügyvédi Iroda
Many people are looking for a job in the World. If you are one of those who think that Hungary is the ideal country for you to be an employee, this article will help you to find the necessary information. Let us assure you: maybe Hungary seems overly bureaucratic and a jungle of state offices but with a bit of sturdiness and professional help, there is nothing that can keep you from getting your dream job.
First steps: work permit
If you come from an EEA member country (full list here) there is nothing to keep you from working in Hungary. This applies to citizens of EEA member countries and their spouses as well as their dependent descendants and ancestors. If you are one of these, click on the following link to get to the second part of the series: Get a job in Hungary II.
If you are a third country citizen, you need to prove a couple of things before you can apply for the Residence Permit for the Purpose of Employment.
Here is what you need to prove:
- the purpose of residence (i.e. employment agreement or preliminary commitment from the future employer to engage into the work contract, business plan for business activity, individual business registration number or other credible evidence);
- the fact that you are financially able to live in Hungary (i.e. certificate of income issued by the employer or certificate issued by a financial institution regarding the balance of a bank account, etc.)
- the existence of Hungarian accommodation (i.e. rental agreement, certification proving the placement in a dormitory, document evidencing the ownership of the flat, etc.)
- the existence of an all-inclusive health insurance (i.e. being insured to the entire range of health services or having the necessary funds to bear the costs of the provided health services if something happens)
- that you can leave the country if needed (i.e. a passport valid for at least 3 months longer than the intended time of the permit or necessary permits to go to another country, a valid ticket or the necessary finance to purchase or to own a vehicle )
A Residence Permit for the Purpose of Employment is issued for up to two years, and can be extended with a maximum of two years each time.
Please note that while the above list seems long and the requirements difficult to meet, in most cases, you only need to prove that you have money on your bank account and the rest is basically paperwork. If you feel stuck with anything or you prefer not to worry about the whole procedure, do not hesitate to contact us.